In regard to the collection, use, provision to others, and management, of personal information, Fukuda Art Museum shall abide by the Japanese “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and other relevant laws and ordinances, and shall endeavor to protect personal information appropriately.
This museum may, within the scope necessary, and by adequate and fair means, collect personal information. The scope of the personal information to be collected shall not exceed the scope required for the purpose of use. As a general rule, personal information shall be collected by means of the customer him/herself willingly providing the said information after the purpose of use has been made clear beforehand.
This museum shall use personal information received from customers within the scope of the purpose of use made clear when the said personal information was collected, and within the scope necessary for the execution of business, and shall endeavor not to harm the rights or interests of the customer. This museum shall, except in the event that another purpose of use has been made clear, use personal information collected from customers for the following purposes:
- • Replying to inquiries from the customer
- • Confirming/Querying order contents (etc.) from the customer
- • Confirming the identity of the customer
- • Otherwise issuing notifications of information from this museum
This museum shall appropriately manage personal information received from customers, and shall only disclose personal information to a third party in the circumstances designated below.
- • The customer has given his/her permission.
- • This museum is disclosing personal information to third party to whom work is being subcontracted, within the scope of the stated purpose of use for collecting personal information. Note, however, that in the event of outsourcing the handling of personal information to a third party, it shall be made the duty of the said subcontractor not to use the personal information of the customer for any other purpose or to disclose the personal information, with the placement of responsibility for this being made clear, and every other effort being made to manage the personal information securely.
- • There is an immediate risk to the lives, bodies, or property of a person or persons, and an urgent necessity to disclose the said personal information, and it is not feasible to acquire the permission of the person him/herself in a timely manner.
- • A court of law or other government body has issued a formal inquiry with a legal basis.
- • It is mandated by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or another law or ordinance.
This museum shall make every effort to prevent leakage, loss, damage, falsification, and illicit access to customers’ personal information, by implementing appropriate security measures with regard to the personal information it collects. Personal information for which the purpose of use no longer requires that the information be kept shall be destroyed in a secure manner.
This museum shall respond promptly to any request from a customer to disclose, amend, cease usage of, or delete any personal information relating to the said customer him/herself. When responding in this manner, we may request confirmation of the said customer’s identity.
This museum shall, in order to fully implement the above policy, endeavor to make the policy known to all employees, and abide strictly by the laws and ordinances of Japan, and other regulations, that relate to the protection of personal information, in addition to continuously reviewing and improving the above policy points.
Please direct inquiries regarding protection of personal information to:
Fukuda Art Museum
3-16 Susukino Baba-cho, Sagatenryuji, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto